SV3C 5MP Camera

Although you can find a list of tested and supported cameras at blueirissoftware.com/Technology, this is a good spot to share or inquire about what cameras have been most successful with Blue Iris for you with other users.
pracydna

SV3C 5MP Camera

Post by pracydna » Mon May 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Anyone rocking these cameras by chance? The quality in these things are incredible and I'd love to get some feedback from anyone who has knowledge of this brand. I'm very new to this whole CCTV thing and I just purchased my lifetime license. Any suggestions or help would be very welcomed as well.

HULKEN

Re: SV3C 5MP Camera

Post by HULKEN » Sat May 26, 2018 8:07 pm

I have eight of the 2mp version. The only negative I have about them is they use double the bandwith of the 4mp Reolink, HDView, and Dahua. I have the Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z and at night the IR isnt as wide angle as the 2mp SV3C they look better in the dark. I have 6 of the Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z but only have 4 of them installed currently. I have 13 cameras running right now will have 19 when i get them all installed. I had planned on swapping out all the SV3C cameras with the Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z but after seeing the difference at night I'm going to use both. Higher MP looks better during the day but not at night.

SteveUI

Post by SteveUI » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:57 pm

I recently installed the 1080P version of this camera (model SV-B01POE-1080P). I too noticed more activity with this camera than expected.
Interestingly, the camera generates a log entry EVERY 4 seconds. I just had the time to notice this a few days ago so I haven't spent much time investigating it. I don't think there's anything about the on-camera settings or BI settings that would generate this behavior.
If you have experience that helps clarify what this is, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
Attached is a clipping of the BI camera log. You can see that the SV3C camera has generated thousands of these "subscription" events. The camera does this even when there's absolutely nothing in view to trigger it (every 4 seconds).

For those of you who need it: this log is easily accessed by clicking the red or yellow circular icons shown in the far lower right corner in BI.
SV3C cam log c.jpg
SV3C cam log c.jpg (25.12 KiB) Viewed 1620 times

Doctor_Smith

Post by Doctor_Smith » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:20 am

Hi,

I have a single S3VC in the garage on motion detect recording only.
It's the only cam I have that isn't Hikvision or Dahua.
The low light quality is terrible but you get what you pay for.

The worst aspect of this camera is that the frame-rate is 50% less when IR cut kicks in....
For example, if you have the camera set to 15fps, once IR kicks in at night the frame-rate drops to 7.5fps.
This happens at any variation of frame-rate, i.e. day 25fps / night 12.5fps.

I contacted S3VC about it and their response confirmed that this is indeed the case.
This is crazy since these cameras actually have the ability to set the keyframe interval to be friendly with Blue Iris yet don't maintain a consistent frame-rate in line with the keframe.

Regarding the high number of events, I don't see this behaviour.
Do you have 'Get events with PullPointSubscription' enabled?

Smith

SteveUI

Post by SteveUI » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Doctor_Smith wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:20 am

Regarding the high number of events, I don't see this behaviour.
Do you have 'Get events with PullPointSubscription' enabled?
I want to say "no" because that doesn't sound familiar at all. If you don't mind: where is that setting?

Like you this is strictly motion detection recording the scene.

Doctor_Smith

Post by Doctor_Smith » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi,

It's in Camera Properties > Video > Configure.. > Get events with PullpointSubscription.

From the help file:

The Get events with PullPointSubscription setting is set automatically if you use the Find/Inspect tool and it discovers that your camera supports Events. The software will monitor the events stream from the camera in order to facilitate camera-based motion detection and triggering, which also must be enabled on the Motion/Trigger tab. It has been found that some cameras do not properly support this, resulting in a high network activity as the software attempts to pull the events, in which case you may wish to override this feature by disabling it.

SteveUI

Post by SteveUI » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:07 pm

One of those "hidden in the masses" of the many features available. That did indeed stop the every-4-second event being logged. Thank you!

Doctor_Smith

Post by Doctor_Smith » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Awesome :D