Y Cam

Although you can find a list of tested and supported cameras at blueirissoftware.com/Technology, this is a good spot to share or inquire about what cameras have been most successful with Blue Iris for you with other users.
petertheheater

Y Cam

Post by petertheheater » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:25 am

I have 4 generic type cameras all working correctly but I just can't seem to install my 2 Y cam white cameras, it is listed but all I get I 404 errors, any help appreciated.
One more thing, when I minimize Blue Iris it just closes and I have to re-open again.

HeneryH

Re: Y Cam

Post by HeneryH » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm

petertheheater wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:25 am
One more thing, when I minimize Blue Iris it just closes and I have to re-open again.
There is an option in Settings - Startup - Use System Tray when Minimized.

Mike.Bwca

Post by Mike.Bwca » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:12 pm

petertheheater wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:25 am
I have 4 generic type cameras all working correctly but I just can't seem to install my 2 Y cam white cameras, it is listed but all I get I 404 errors, any help appreciated.
- When you say 'It is listed', how is it listed? Where?
- Are you using 'Find/Inspect'?

GarethMD

Post by GarethMD » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:01 pm

Hi petertheheater and anyone else,

Did you find anything out about accessing Y Cams?

I have 3 Y Cams as well: an outdoor Y cam HD and 2 indoor Y cam HD Pros. The BlueIris technology list of cameras lists Y cam HD so I was hoping to find anyone who has had success. I’ve tried a couple of general webcam viewing applications but can’t get access to the Y cam feed. These cameras supply a feed to their Y cam cloud service which they now charge for.

So I was very interested when seeing the BlueIris tech page listing various Y cams!

On another note, this forum won’t let me search for Y cam - it says the search criteria is too general so returns nothing. Tried putting Y cam in quotes and double-quotes to make it a phrase rather than two separate search items but this forum appears to strip them out. Makes the forum less usable,

Anyway any info on the Y cams is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Gareth