Questions about motion sensor

Although you can find a list of tested and supported cameras at blueirissoftware.com/Technology, this is a good spot to share or inquire about what cameras have been most successful with Blue Iris for you with other users.
tacman7

Questions about motion sensor

Post by tacman7 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:49 am

The motion sensing is done in the camera? or BI?

So better camera's have better motion sensing?

I have this camera setup in a walkway and it's only triggered by walking by it but it can also see the road in the distance.

Is there a camera that could see a road in the distance and get triggered by a vehicle on the road even at a distance?

Or just record all the time and edit later?

Any tips about how to adjust camera sensor?

Thanks

HeneryH

Re: Questions about motion sensor

Post by HeneryH » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm

tacman7 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:49 am
The motion sensing is done in the camera? or BI?
Either is possible for the most part but...
tacman7 wrote:
So better camera's have better motion sensing?
BI motion triggering is quite good and I think the majority of the user base uses BI detection rather than in-camera ONVIF triggering.
tacman7 wrote:
I have this camera setup in a walkway and it's only triggered by walking by it but it can also see the road in the distance.

Is there a camera that could see a road in the distance and get triggered by a vehicle on the road even at a distance?
In BI you can set zones and tweak the motion detection parameters to usually achieve the desired results. In addition to the standard detection parameters such as min object size, contrast, motion distance etc, BI also has zone crossing detection which is a nice way to limit false positives.