Reolink PTZ Preset not working

Although you can find a list of tested and supported cameras at blueirissoftware.com/Technology, this is a good spot to share or inquire about what cameras have been most successful with Blue Iris for you with other users.
veldthui

Reolink PTZ Preset not working

Post by veldthui » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 pm

I have just purchased Blue Iris and have a Reolink RLC-423 camera attached and working fine. The pan/tilt/zoom works fine and I can move the camera anywhere I like. However I cannot get the presets to work at all.

I have gone into the Reolink software and set 3 preset positions in 1, 2 and 3. I have named these Base, Road, and Gate. In Blue Iris I have gone to the Camera options and the PTZ/Control tab and opened up Presets. In here I have set up 1 as Base, 2 as Road, and 3 as Gate in the name/value. Seems fine but when I go the the camera and select any of the 3 presets and hit the Goto preset button nothing happens. I have even tried setting the Name/Value to 1, 2 and 3 and 01, 02, and 03. No go.

Anyone got this working as I think I have followed the help file.

veldthui

Re: Reolink PTZ Preset not working

Post by veldthui » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:14 am

Well as always I work it out after posting. I have been trying for days to get it to work. The answer for anyone else having issues is that the Reolink camera seems to want 3 digits for its preset to fire.
Thus for preset 1 you need to enter 000 in the value, preset 2 = 001, preset 3 = 002, etc.
Wish they would put that in their manual or something.

Anyway all working now.