Custom Archive Process

Please use this forum to make any comments or suggestions regarding Blue Iris.
RoySalisbury

Custom Archive Process

Post by RoySalisbury » Sat May 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Currently you have the ability to archive files to a directory or FTP server. There are plenty of other archive places that I am sure people would love to have. So have about a "custom" process. You execute a process (.exe, .bat, .cmd, ect) and pass it a set of parameters for each file that you are going to archive. Then based on the exit code of the process you determine if it was a success or failure. If success, you do whatever else you do, if failure, you queue it back up for retry in 'X' amount of minutes.

Currently I have BlueIris send the files to an FTP site on a Raspberry Pi (gotta love these $35 computers). Then I wrote a process that watches the FTP upload directory, parses the file name, and then sends the file to the cloud for storage (azure blob storage) and adds an entry into a database. Then, my website (also in the cloud) can access the data but I also have a full backup of every image and motion detection event that has ever happened.

Roy

quantumbitflip

Re: Custom Archive Process

Post by quantumbitflip » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Roy

I was also looking for a native cloud storage in BI, particularly with Backblaze B2 Cloud. I'm going to try and take your idea except do it all on the BI host machine using Filezilla Server and Client, which now allegedly supports B2 Cloud. But I'm going to take a look at Azure as well.
Thanks!