Help me - licence problems

Please use this forum to make any comments or suggestions regarding Blue Iris.
kullboys

Help me - licence problems

Post by kullboys » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 am

Hello everyone
Have a full licence. Was testing on a different PC. When I went back to original PC licence would not be accepted. I de-registered the accoun on the test pc, tried everything, new install etcc. Contacyacted blueiris support, as of yet, have noherad from them. This happened to me previously some three years ago with my first purchase, could not get blueiris to fix so I purchased this current licence. Now same thing happening again? Anyboddy help please. I need my security cameras.
Thanks.

Mike.Bwca

Re: Help me - licence problems

Post by Mike.Bwca » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:43 pm

I had this happen twice when I was testing while moving BI around between desktops. I contacted BI and they reset my license. Took a few days for them to get back to me.

There is a limit to the number of times the code can be 'Deactivated' and re-registered. I don't really know why they would do this. Probably to prevent users from purchasing 1 license and moving it constantly when they want to use the software on a particular computer.

In my last communication to them I suggested a 'Unlimited use' or '3-5 computer' license option. They said they are considering it.

marklyn

Post by marklyn » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:03 am

I also hope they are considering a license that at least lets you run it on 2 other computers. It's not unusual for households to have several computers tied together on their network. The UI client is good but it's not the real thing :)

jasbond

Post by jasbond » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:48 pm

marklyn wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:03 am
I also hope they are considering a license that at least lets you run it on 2 other computers. It's not unusual for households to have several computers tied together on their network. The UI client is good but it's not the real thing :)
I was about to order the software but this is a deal killer for me. I want to run a dedicated computer for my cameras and use my main computer for setup and config etc.

terk

Post by terk » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:17 pm

I use a dedicated BI server with no monitor attached and RDP to it for all setup and config work. I use the iOS app mostly for day to day review of alerts and recordings.

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:56 pm

jasbond wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:48 pm
marklyn wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:03 am
I was about to order the software but this is a deal killer for me. I want to run a dedicated computer for my cameras and use my main computer for setup and config etc.
I don't understand this use case... you want one computer for cameras and another for setup?? This makes no sense. Which computer will be ingesting the video streams from the cameras, detecting events and recording video to disk? That is the computer you want a license for.

Installing on another machine for setup purposes is just not how this software works. You set it up on the machine that it runs on. You can remotely view and do some things remotely from the web UI or you can use a remote control software package to remote into it too.