Auto tracking

Please use this forum to make any comments or suggestions regarding Blue Iris.
plasrobin

Auto tracking

Post by plasrobin » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi there,

I would like to see a autotracking option.
I have a camera that natively supports autotracking, but i would be nice to have blueiris auto zoom and step the motor when motion is detected

excaliber420

Re: Auto tracking

Post by excaliber420 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:50 pm

That would be nice. It would also be nice if the software preformed auto tracking for PTZ cameras that do not have native support for it built in to their firmware.

John Rambo

Post by John Rambo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 pm

I'm also looking for an option to implement autotracking.
But I think there might be some problems.
For example, when the camera rotates, BI would pick this up as an event / alarm / movement, and start recording.
This will end up in a huge pile of (useless) records.

How would you set up this feature?
- Track movement, and stop rotating when the source of movement is gone, waiting for new movement where last movement is seen.
- Or track movement, and start patrolling some points of interest you defined, till something moves to be tracked.

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:47 pm

John Rambo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 pm
For example, when the camera rotates, BI would pick this up as an event / alarm / movement, and start recording.
If the unit is auto-tracking, then I would think that by its very nature would be a noteworthy event worth recording.

But back to the basics... are you wanting BI to perform auto-tracking?

RAW

Post by RAW » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Agree that Blue and auto-trackers don't get along well.

Blue Iris auto-tracking would be a nice option, but If Blue simply captured the cam's event, ie let the cam be responsible for the trigger and record, and then copy that cam's recording, this would work. I would think easy to implement too. Just have Blue use its own set triggers when cam was at rest (power up vertical and horizontal axis info is stored in cam), and then ignore them once that axis data has changed.
"If the unit is auto-tracking, then I would think that by its very nature would be a noteworthy event worth recording"
In my experience Blue does motion detection far better than cameras do. And once a cam starts auto-tracking anything in front of it, all of Blue's motion rules (zones, size, etc) become useless.

engin33rh3r3

Post by engin33rh3r3 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:54 am

Surely if a 12 year old youtuber can make this auto tracking tech work surely the Blue Iris support team can?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVIiDpf4gO0

ImAlanPO

Auto tracking

Post by ImAlanPO » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:35 am

hello friends
i ve a ptz analog camera HIKVISION DS-2AE5164-A and wanna know if i can make auto tracking
thank you very much
Рекомендую allvpn.ru - сохраним анонимность и неприкосновенность частной жизни

shalem2014

Post by shalem2014 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:44 am

plasrobin wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:23 pm
I would like to see a autotracking option.
I have a camera that natively supports autotracking, but i would be nice to have blueiris auto zoom and step the motor when motion is detected
+1 Me too! For example, I have a camera watching a driveway from the corner of the house. If someone walks from the driveway towards the backyard, I would like the camera to follow them and pan around the corner of the house so I can see which way they go. After activity has ceased, I would like the camera to return home, back to watching the driveway.

HeneryH wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:47 pm
If the unit is auto-tracking, then I would think that by its very nature would be a noteworthy event worth recording.

But back to the basics... are you wanting BI to perform auto-tracking?
Agreed, and yes. It's already running a 24/7 motion detector that's better than what most cameras have. This would be perfect for autotracking.

John Rambo wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:31 pm

How would you set up this feature?
- Track movement, and stop rotating when the source of movement is gone, waiting for new movement where last movement is seen.
- Or track movement, and start patrolling some points of interest you defined, till something moves to be tracked.
The great thing about BI controlled autotracking is that it would know when it initiated a camera movement and could use that information to reset the motion detector, thus eliminating autotracking induced triggering. This would actually be a necessary part of making autotracking work, as a motion detector gone wild with a panning image would be unable to give reliable tracking signals.
How would I set up this feature? I would be interested in the ability to set zones along the edges of the frame and connect them to commands to pan the camera in that direction. For example, if an object crosses from zone Center to zone Right, pan the camera to the right a configurable amount and stop. If it happens again, repeat, panning to the right again. Currently, we can't set individual responses to zone triggers without cloning the camera over and over again, which is tedious and resource intensive. It's a shame because BI already supports panning camera groups based on motion from one camera. We just can't configure separate actions based on zones.
We also need an option to reset the camera to a preset position after a certain amount of time without motion so the camera returns to its home position, ready to monitor any further activity from a known location. We already need such an option for PTZ cameras to restore the view after a user has manually panned around to look at something and then logged out. Too often, I have users pan a camera somewhere, log out, and then the camera's sitting there, looking at a wall instead of what it's supposed to be monitoring.
I would not consider patrolling to be part of autotracking. It is a feature unto itself. But yes; it too would need to reset the motion detector so no triggers go off while the camera is moving from preset to preset.