Analog Feeds

General troubleshooting of the software
sjecker

Analog Feeds

Post by sjecker » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:55 pm

I am migrating from a analog DVR system to Blue Iris and IP cameras. I have a Channel Vision DVR, with Super IR bullets.
I purchased a Analog to IP encoder, and I can get BI to see the cameras. The picture is worse than on the DVR system.

I can pull up the cameras on my Ipad, so I know I can access through the firewall and to the DVR.

The BI software is set up to locate IP signals.

Does anyone know how I could access the live feed that comes from the DVR through the router and have BI "see" the remaining analog cameras? Essentially, doesn't the DVR convert the signals to be able to be seen over the internet?
I want to research IP cameras before I bite the bullet (lol) and purchase all new bullets. Night time IR is important tome, I live away from any residential lighting, totally dark area.

Thanks

Mike.Bwca

Re: Analog Feeds

Post by Mike.Bwca » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:47 am

Channel Vision 65xx & W-1001/4001, are both listed on the Blue Iris 'Tested Network IP Cameras' web page. So, yes, if it's one of these. This does not mean it won't work with other models - just that they haven't been tested. Try it out. Let us know. Better yet, let Blue Iris support know if it works.

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:16 pm

You may run across "Blue Cherry" analog cards. Do NOT use them in a windows environment as their windows drivers are not compatible with 64b windows. That company is dedicated to Linux.

sjecker

Post by sjecker » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Mike.Bwca wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:47 am
Channel Vision 65xx & W-1001/4001, are both listed on the Blue Iris 'Tested Network IP Cameras' web page. So, yes, if it's one of these. This does not mean it won't work with other models - just that they haven't been tested. Try it out. Let us know. Better yet, let Blue Iris support know if it works.
CV 1001/4001 is a video server. I have tried these settings extensively. My CV DVR takes analog signals from analog cameras, and permits remote viewing, either through a browser or an iPhone app.I would have thought that if the 8 channels can be viewed through the iPhone app, somehow an IP was created. I can't set up BI to "see" any IP signals/addresses.

I am doubting that my objective can be achieved, as the DVR and Blue Iris are apparently apples and oranges.

Thanks anyway.