Lidl rebranded 1080p bullet

Although you can find a list of tested and supported cameras at blueirissoftware.com/Technology, this is a good spot to share or inquire about what cameras have been most successful with Blue Iris for you with other users.
MTGTNT

Lidl rebranded 1080p bullet

Post by MTGTNT » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 pm

Has anyone seen this cam before? I am thinking its a re-branded Chinese. I cant find it anywhere and I cant find any more info on it that what is on the Lidl page.

https://www.lidl.sk/sk/ponuka.htm?articleId=22873

Mike.Bwca

Re: Lidl rebranded 1080p bullet

Post by Mike.Bwca » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:34 am

All those are reasons to stay away from that product.
Spend a little more and get a camera that is listed as being supported on the BI support page.

MTGTNT

Post by MTGTNT » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:52 am

Hi Mike

I am looking for a simple wifi camera that I can move around the house for different tasks when needed. (will make a stand for it)
I already run multiple Hikvision cameras (fair quality cameras). I started with a zmodo system. That was just a nightmare but needed something as there was a high break in rate going on in the village.

I may just pick one up to test and see how it does and if it isn't worth the value, I will just return it. Lidl is good about returns. No questions.

MTGTNT

Post by MTGTNT » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:20 am

To update on the Lidl camera. It is by Chinese company "Kuantech (Beihai) Co Ltd".

I had to use the mobile app to get it setup. After trying to figure out the connection type and had no luck with ONVIF Device Manager and such, I ended up installing the windows player software on the PC. Here I was able to see it connecting and stating (P2P). So it goes back. Sad too. The video quality is quite good for the price.