issues with alerts -

General troubleshooting of the software
Scoutx

issues with alerts -

Post by Scoutx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:24 pm

EDIT2: somehow, it has been working since my post, but the BI app was logged into on the server. I am hesitant to close it and let the service take control
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For months I had this working fine with this camera.

I have a camera and it watches the front yard - was doing great. A little too alert happy, so I went and changed <something> in addition to trying zones out to ignore car traffic. I have tried to change it back, but it only seems to work when I'm watching it - eg logged into console fiddling with settings tring to get this back to functionaly.

I've watched youtube vidoes for tuning motion using clips - the motion triggering is working. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong and very frustrated.

I have both sms and push active - both work fine when tested. I have alert emails working and I was receiving them hourly when I had limited storage.

It only seems to notice motion when I'm logged into the server console. The machine is always on, it's also a plex server. I attached a picture showing triggered motion active while I was taking the screen shot - but received no sms or push.(edit2 - actually I did receive this motion event)

I will attach as many screens as I can image would help. I think I'm missing something simple because this was working great for months. I have tried to clone camera and start over.

edit: I should add it is continuously recording and that is working fine. added record screen at the end...

Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
video.jpg
video.jpg (56.54 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
trigger.jpg
trigger.jpg (54.52 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
motion.jpg
motion.jpg (49.53 KiB) Viewed 1000 times
Last edited by Scoutx on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Scoutx

Re: issues with alerts -

Post by Scoutx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:26 pm

more...

note the triggered motion - did not receive text/push or anything. Nothing in the logs with error.
Attachments
triggeredexample.jpg
triggeredexample.jpg (103.28 KiB) Viewed 999 times
push.jpg
push.jpg (47.75 KiB) Viewed 999 times
sms.jpg
sms.jpg (45.67 KiB) Viewed 999 times

Scoutx

Post by Scoutx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:29 pm

More attachments.

Let me know if you need to see anything else

Thanks!
Attachments
alertemails.jpg
alertemails.jpg (41.48 KiB) Viewed 999 times
alertlog.jpg
alertlog.jpg (30.64 KiB) Viewed 999 times
log.jpg
log.jpg (176.24 KiB) Viewed 999 times

Scoutx

Post by Scoutx » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:34 pm

record screen:
Attachments
format.jpg
format.jpg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 998 times
record.jpg
record.jpg (75.23 KiB) Viewed 998 times

Mike.Bwca

Post by Mike.Bwca » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:25 am

- What is your cameras fps & keyframe? That's from the Cameras setting, not from the BI settings.
- Can you post a capture of the BI Satatus/Cameras display? That will answer the above question.

As I understand it, when you log in via the app, all frames are captured for motion. That may account for the difference. Once logged out of the mobile app, keyframes are compared to motion. If I'm incorrect, please correct. So, if your keyframes are too high, motion may only be detected every .5 to 1.5 seconds. I a previous update, BI added the 'key' column to the Status/Cameras page.

Scoutx

Post by Scoutx » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 pm

Thank you, yes that description fits what I think I am seeing. (and is confirmed - when i closed the app on the server it stopped sending me texts, but the service was still running)

Just looking into that it reminds me... I may have changed it to h.264+ when I started having problems. (I will hold off making any changes while we're degugging, but I would like to try turning off the h264+, I recall that having a significant space savings though)

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
camfps.jpg
camfps.jpg (220.57 KiB) Viewed 967 times
fpskey.jpg
fpskey.jpg (160.04 KiB) Viewed 967 times

Mike.Bwca

Post by Mike.Bwca » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 pm

The frame interval on the camera is set to 50, but ghosted. BU status says 19fps with a keyframe of .10!!! If I understand correctly, that would mean BI looks for motion about every 20 seconds? That is, unless your iewing via the app as all frames are sent, or, have the camera selected in BI.

I'm no expert in this. I have a inkling of this, but I don't fully understand it. Somewhere in BI help there is a description of the 'fps/key' column in the status/camera screen. Bi says that it's best if the key is 1.0 or higher. I have my cameras at 15pfs with a keyrate of 10 giving the key number of 1.50 in the status display.

I could be entirely incorrect about all this.
Probably best if you send your previous messages to BI support.

Mike.Bwca

Post by Mike.Bwca » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 pm

anither thought here. The key frame interval seems very high giving a very low key # in the status page.
Is there way to lower the key frame interval to at least the fps, if not lower, to see how its effected?

Scoutx

Post by Scoutx » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm

I agree... I've been doing some reading since the first reply and it suggests what I think you two are saying.

I am going to try to see how to get that keyframe lowered in the hikvision control panel.

Thanks - I'll post back.

Scoutx

Post by Scoutx » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:07 am

The keyframe in status actually seems to fluctuate. I've seen it .10 and .00. I am going to try to 1st uncheck limit decode and 2nd try turning off h265+

Thanks.