Simple scenario but hard to setup?

General discussion of the software on topics that may not necessarily fit within any of the other forum topics available
TickingMind

Simple scenario but hard to setup?

Post by TickingMind » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm

I love the Geofence idea and implementation. As long as I am in or around the house the cameras should not record motion.
Here is my problem.
Inside, I dont care what goes on and the cams should not record while I am at home.
Outside I want the cameras to record on any motion detection 24/7

Am I missing something here on setup? Once I leave home I want the inside cameras to record on motion as well. Seems simplistic but I am unsure how to set this up.
Any hints?

Thanks!

Mike.Bwca

Re: Simple scenario but hard to setup?

Post by Mike.Bwca » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:19 am

Did you set the Geofence Radius & Update notifications to a large meter (=>50) in the mobile app?

Doesn't work for me either! Or, should I say, it worked twice!
I have a gps app, and can set waypoints & track my movement. So, why doesn't this work!
I have location high accuracy turn on. Geofence set to 10m, and Enter/Exit profile/sounds set. Nothing. Also tested with 3, 6m.
The status says it's on. Status doesn;t change, nor does the profile or sounds trigger.
Got tired of walking back and forth.
Gave up & Quit. Kind of pisses me off. What a waste of time.
If I need to do this, I'll just set a profile and manually change it when I leave/arrive home.

Is there a long time period that it checks, like every 5 minutes?

Mike.Bwca

Post by Mike.Bwca » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:59 am

This is really odd.

On the Android app, when I enable Geofence by clicking 'Geofence radius', selecting a distance, then 'Your Current Location', it returns 'Unable to determine location. Using Server location'! Server location!!! I selected 'your current location'.

When I select 'Server location' it returns nothing to indicate the Geofence was updated!

Mike.Bwca

Post by Mike.Bwca » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 am

Checking the BI Android app, it says last v2.0.63 update was 11/29/2018, for Geofence fixes! Hummmm... interesting.

andycots

Post by andycots » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 am

TickingMind wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:03 pm
I love the Geofence idea and implementation. As long as I am in or around the house the cameras should not record motion.
Here is my problem.
Inside, I dont care what goes on and the cams should not record while I am at home.
Outside I want the cameras to record on any motion detection 24/7

Am I missing something here on setup? Once I leave home I want the inside cameras to record on motion as well. Seems simplistic but I am unsure how to set this up.
Any hints?

Thanks!
Geofence works very well with Blueiris, a lot better than most location software, i have been using it for the past few years with your exact scenario, you need to set up a profile for home and a profile for away and tell Blueiris what to record/detect in each case. Then in the Blueiris settings tell it to change the profile when in and out.

Andy

TickingMind

Post by TickingMind » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:10 pm

So I set geofence to 200m which is fine with me, but I am still getting alerts when within this perimeter so I am wondering how others have set this up to prevent that?