Might sound weird but "dog barking" via Blue Iris

General discussion of the software on topics that may not necessarily fit within any of the other forum topics available
TickingMind

Might sound weird but "dog barking" via Blue Iris

Post by TickingMind » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 pm

I am not sure if this is even possible but I would love to have a trigger setup so if no one is home and a interior camera detects motion, my Amazon Echo will start barking like a dog. Maybe IFTTH? I already asked Echo to bark like a dog and she does so, so it's not a "skill" you have to download. Might make for a good deterrent.

TM :?:

roadwrenchtech

Re: Might sound weird but "dog barking" via Blue Iris

Post by roadwrenchtech » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:01 pm

At that point, the burglar has already wiggled door knobs, rang doorbell, checked windows and forcibly entered the house through a door or window without hearing a bark. Having audio of a guard dog begin after the perp is inside and moving will give him a short scare but be quickly ruled out as real. It's better than nothing, but a real dog and/or a burglar alarm would be more effective. That said the indoor cameras could have an alert configured to sound from the pc speakers and a sound file of a dog barking placed in the blue iris sounds to choose from. I bet a burglar alarm recording would be even more effective.

roadwrenchtech

Post by roadwrenchtech » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:01 pm

At that point, the burglar has already wiggled door knobs, rang doorbell, checked windows and forcibly entered the house through a door or window without hearing a bark. Having audio of a guard dog begin after the perp is inside and moving will give him a short scare but be quickly ruled out as real. It's better than nothing, but a real dog and/or a burglar alarm would be more effective. That said the indoor cameras could have an alert configured to sound from the pc speakers and a sound file of a dog barking placed in the blue iris sounds to choose from. I bet a burglar alarm recording would be even more effective.

TickingMind

Post by TickingMind » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:43 am

Maybe the exterior cameras might be more effective for the sound to go off but good point. Yes, agreed!

Mike.Bwca

Post by Mike.Bwca » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:39 pm

I have a led 2500 lumen motion detector lights on my front door. Whenever someone approaches the front door, the whole neighborhood lights up! lol

I have something similar setup, but to notify me when something/someone enters my driveway and approaches my front door.
I have an older MJPEG ptz camera set to low fps & video, with an external powered speaker plugged into it. Set it up as a group 'Alarm1'.
Now I can have any camera trigger group 'Alarm1', and the camera will play any sound I want thru the amp'ed speaker. The speaker is in my living room.
When I don't want to hear those alarms, I just disable the 'Alarm1' camera.

Place the speaker next to the front door and have that 'Alarm1' camera play a dog growling and barking... there's your dinner!

Devansh579

Post by Devansh579 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:25 am

That was amazing to hear about what Mike posted.

Mike.Bwca

Post by Mike.Bwca » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:36 pm

Devansh579 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:25 am
That was amazing to hear about what Mike posted.
Ahhh.... in what way? Over complicated, over engineered? lol