Latest Version Unusable (Locks Up)

General troubleshooting of the software
MelvenX

Latest Version Unusable (Locks Up)

Post by MelvenX » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:05 pm

Hello All,

After nearly a year of flawless operation, Blue Iris now locks up its Intel NUC within 5 minutes to an hour of running. I have been troubleshooting for the past couple days including reinstalling Windows and trying a different NUC (same model) with a clean install.

I have 8 cameras, I am using Intel hardware acceleration and have used all the recommended optimization settings. I thought I had discovered the problem when I realized the last update had reset the hardware acceleration but re-activating it did not help.

I also tried rolling back to a prior version using the update installers available at ipcamtalk but those do nothing. Running any of the updates over the current version literally makes no changes - and when launched Blue Iris still displays the same, current version.

How can I download a full prior release? I would really hate to dump Blue Iris after nearly a year running great but this is now wasting tons of my valuable time and our video security is down...

MelvenX

Re: Latest Version Unusable (Locks Up)

Post by MelvenX » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:15 pm

Unfortunately those are the update versions that I mentioned do nothing... I have tried stopping Blue Iris before running them and also leaving it running. It makes no difference. Each installer runs for just a couple seconds - makes no changes and when I launch Blue Iris it still displays the current version.

MelvenX

Re: Latest Version Unusable (Locks Up)

Post by MelvenX » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:37 pm

OK. I cracked open a few of the update files on https://ipcamtalk.com/downloads/blue-ir ... .3/updates and only ONE contained updates to the main programs! Other update files simply contained changes to sounds or style sheets. Without knowing what each update contains it is simply foolhardy to use these files to rollback - it would not work.

Does anyone know where full prior versions can be downloaded?