Values to keep alerts to a minimum

General troubleshooting of the software
mikerino

Values to keep alerts to a minimum

Post by mikerino » Wed May 15, 2019 1:01 pm

I have been playing around with the values in the camera alerts tab. I am trying to keep the alerts to a minimum. I like a recording every time there is motion but I find myself deleting 50 or more emails a day.

I think that the allow "disarm times when delaying alerts" and "wait until triggered at least x times" might be the key.

HeneryH

Re: Values to keep alerts to a minimum

Post by HeneryH » Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 pm

I find that zone crossings can have a great impact. You define a few separate areas and alert when an object crosses from one zone to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrVmWMFbT7s

mikerino

Post by mikerino » Wed May 15, 2019 1:34 pm

I have my zones set up pretty well but for example, construction workers show up during the day and I get 50 to 100 emails. And at night the alerts are all about cats walking around.

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 pm

You can use a schedule to block out time windows where you know there will be a lot of activity such as arrival of employees.

For the cats at night... sorry, can't think of any solution to that. Maybe tweak the object size setting to try to only trigger on human size objects.

Wait for x times before triggering might not be a good solution for detecting nefarious activity at night.