V5: Remote Management

Please use this forum to make any comments or suggestions regarding Blue Iris.
crobusa

V5: Remote Management

Post by crobusa » Sat May 18, 2019 3:17 am

Hiya,

I'm really interested in Remote Management and it's uses....

If I understand correctly, I could put multiple Blue Iris servers at the "edge" to convert the camera streams into BI's internal format, and then have a master BI server with minimal bandwidth/cpu usage.
This seems like this would be a great offsite backup solution.

Does that mean we should be considering purchasing a 2nd Blue Iris license?

Thanks,

crobusa

Mike.Bwca

Re: V5: Remote Management

Post by Mike.Bwca » Sat May 18, 2019 9:07 am

crobusa wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:17 am
...I could put multiple Blue Iris servers at the "edge" to convert the camera streams into BI's internal format, ...
Note sure what your referring too...
- What's the "edge"
- why would you need to convert recordings to BI format. They are already recording in the BI format if your using BI's BVR.

How many cameras do you have? BI is already very efficient. V5 is suppose to be more so.

If I understand it correctly, Yes, BI's Remote Management would be able to connect to different BI installations internally, or, externally. And, you would be able to manage them as if you where in front of the BI server.

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH » Sat May 18, 2019 12:16 pm

crobusa wrote:
This seems like this would be a great offsite backup solution.
I don't think the raw data gets moved from instance to instance so using it as backup might not be viable.

crobusa

Post by crobusa » Sat May 18, 2019 10:12 pm

Mike.Bwca wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 9:07 am
crobusa wrote:
Note sure what your referring too...
- What's the "edge"
- why would you need to convert recordings to BI format. They are already recording in the BI format if your using BI's BVR.

How many cameras do you have? BI is already very efficient. V5 is suppose to be more so.

If I understand it correctly, Yes, BI's Remote Management would be able to connect to different BI installations internally, or, externally. And, you would be able to manage them as if you where in front of the BI server.
I just bought 8 8MP 4K (Amcrest IP8M-2496EB) cameras for $120/ea of Amazon, I'm hoping using H.265 will mitigate the increased processing on the $500 i7-3770 we're using.
I'm also hoping to put up 5-10 LPR cameras on poles, with the first stream going to BI and the second one going to OpenALPR's Cloud Platform, at least until BI's LPR solution is available.

The office currently uses the web client, but the hope was that we have a BI server that was used for DVR/Processing and had a BI "client" offsite, that would be easier to configure then FTPs.

Thanks,

crobusa